Listed below are a few products/services that are currently in my portfolio. I am always looking for more ideas/project partners since I derive incredible energy from the act of creation, and enjoy developing new ideas. Please let me know if you would like to discuss any of these initiatives or one of your own.
Consulting/Facilitating/Connecting/Educating – By helping companies to navigate the Rhode Island landscape, I can create value for multiple parties and expedite the successful launch/completion of projects. A few examples:
- Providence College - I am an Executive in Residence at the Business School and am co-teaching a class on Public Relations/Public Affairs.
- Loud-Hailer – This exciting communications start-up has chosen Newport as a place to pilot test its new platform. They have developed a new technology that allows electronic communications by geography via smart phone. I am introducing them to organizations that would benefit from their system, and to assist them in the placement of the hardware necessary to power their technology.
- Art League Rhode Island - Assisted the Board in updating its planning documents and creating an executable plan.
- Kingston Chamber Music Festival - Worked with the Board both in-person and via Zoom to refresh their annual planning documents for both 2020 and 2021.
- Aquidneck Island Planning Commission - Provided facilitation assistance for a Board retreat that provided them with a jump-start for planning.
- Welcome House - Assisted this South County social services agency with some general business consulting to assist them with elements of their strategic plan.
- Aldersbridge Community - Worked with the Board Steering Committee of this senior living nonprofit to define goals for their annual retreat, organize/facilitate the day, and ensure that the progress made at the retreat continued into the future.
- TechHire - I worked with this nonprofit to help them to navigate the business community in Rhode Island. The mission of the organization is to emphasize skills-based hiring in the tech workplace and to find new sources of talent for employers. We built/emhanced relationships with technical executives, HR professionals, and Volunteer/Community Relations leaders to assist with this mission.
- eMoney Advisor - I assisted this emerging fin-tech company with their expansion into Rhode Island by connecting them to local organizations and individuals. The scope of work included consulting assistance in Public Affairs, Community Relations, and Government Affairs, and the execution of tactics to assist them in hiring/recruitment.
Innovating – As a recovering engineer, I am always looking for products that make life a little better and a little more fun. Rhode Island has the depth of resources to make theoretical products a reality.
- BrewGene – “Pandora for Beer”. This is an app/website to assist beer consumers in making difficult choices regarding their next beverage. This is a well-developed app with over 190,000 registered users, and a rating over 4 stars in the app store. We have just completed a complete update of the app and are taking steps towards monetization.
- Beer Consumption Enhancement – We are developing a product designed to enhance the beer-drinking experience and are starting to get a little traction on the design.
- Personal Privacy Accessory – We are working with designers to create an elegant solution to a modern-day issue regarding ensuring personal privacy.
- Celebratory Knick-Knack - A product designed to enhance celebratory experiences is being developed by working with a local higher education partner. A beta version has been produced and is being refined.